Hemanusdoorns is a privately owned game farm, approx 1600Ha in size, and situated in the Waterberg Biosphere about 40km from Vaalwater on the road to Thabazimbi. The farm borders on the well known Welgevonden Game Reserve and is in close proximity of Marekele National Park (a “big-five” game park) and the Mokolo Dam & Nature Reserve which offers angling and motor-boating activities. The area is Malaria-free.
The farm is operated on a Shareblock system with 100 authorised and issued shares, each share representing one allocated site on which a bush-lodge can be built by the shareholder. Currently there are approx. 90 sites already developed and on which luxury bush-lodges have been erected.
Most of the sites are mostly situated fair distances apart to ensure privacy of the individual shareholders.
The location of the farm is approx. 220km from Pretoria (+- 2 hours drive). All lodges have ESCOM power and water are supplied from a number of boreholes. All of these boreholes have strong water supply.
The farm is under full time professional management and is managed by a full-time farm- and wildlife manager and Board of Directors appointed by the shareholders of the Shareblock. Additional facilities include a large swimming pool, picnic area, convenience shop, entertainment hall. The farm’s staff also provides the shareholders a cleaning service at an agreed fee.
As there are no large predators resident on the game farm, game viewing can also be done safely by walking and cycling.
Game species found on the farm include giraffe, kudu, zebra, gemsbuck, blesbuck, impala, bushbuck, waterbuck, red hartebeest, roan antelope, blue wildebeest, warthog, jackal, baboon, monkeys, bush babies and a variety of smaller game as well as a wealth of different bird varieties. Leopard and the brown hyena occurs naturally in the area but are very shy and seldom seen.
- PHUMULA is the given name to this luxury bush-lodge. The name is derived from the Zulu word “phumula” which means Rest.
- The fully furnished lodge is set back on a site at the foot of a hill close to the entrance of the kloof that leads up to the southern dam, with the creek that originates form this dam running past the lodge. It is situated approx. 1,5 km from the swimming pool, entertainment area and convenience shop.
- The lodge itself is a double storey house of ±280 square meter size, built with natural stone and thatched roof. It sleeps up to 10 people and consist of :-
- 5 Bedrooms (3 upstairs and 2 downstairs);
- 4 full bathrooms; (3 en-suite)
- large and spacious living room;
- Dining area
- Modern kitchen with granite tops with gas stove, fridge, freezer and microwave
- Upstairs patio and deck under roof with kitchenette and bar fridge,
- Front downstairs deck;
- “garaging” is supplied by a 2 thatch carports as well as a large evergreen Moepel tree
- that provides shade for up to 3 vehicles
- Outside there is a nice lapa area with braai facilities
- Two geysers
- Thatch roof was completely re-done in Jun’15 with Harvey Thatch Tiles
- Two of the upstairs bedrooms and the living area are air-conditioned, and there is a mobile aircon as well. All three upstairs en-suite bathrooms having toilet, shower and corner bath. Downstairs bathroom has toilet and shower. Satellite television has also been installed. The house are tiled downstairs and the bedrooms upstairs all fitted with laminated wooden flooring
- The perimeter around the lodge is walled with the whole area either paved or laid out with small pebbles